Public Sector Equality Duties
Please contact us for details of future dates
This event is suitable for those who want to understand the requirements placed on public bodies by the Equality Act 2010 and how to comply with them. The event focuses on the positive business benefits to be obtained from compliance and a pro-active approach to equality.
By participating in this training you will:
- understand the provisions of the Equality Act and in particular the requirements the Act places on Public Bodies;
- understand how to demonstrate compliance with the Equality Duty;
- be able to set and publish Equality Objectives as required by the Act;
- understand why equality is “good business sense”; and
- identify ways in which equality/diversity can be used to improve outcomes.
Introduction to Equality - why it’s just good business
Overview of the Equality Act - what it means for you
Public Sector Duties:
Setting Equality Objectives
Improving Outcomes - How can you use equality/diversity to make a real difference for you, your organisation and your stakeholders?
Conclusion and Review
Please note that the programme is subject to change without notice